Craft Brewing Facts
- Craft brewers currently provide an estimated 424,000 jobs in the U.S., including serving staff in brewpubs.
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2014 was 18% by volume and 22% by dollar shares.
- Craft brewers sold an estimated 212,159,327 barrels of beer in 2014.
- Retail dollar value from craft brewers in 2014 was estimated at $19.6 billion, up from $14.3 billion in 2013.
- Craft breweries have now averaged 10.9 percent growth over the last decade.
- 3,418 craft breweries operated for some or all of 2014, comprised of 1,412 brewpubs, 1,871 microbreweries and 135 regional craft breweries.
Other U.S. Brewing Industry Facts
- The number of operating breweries in the U.S. in 2014 totaled 3,464, with 3,418 of those considered craft, demonstrating that craft breweries make up 98 percent of all U.S. operating breweries.
- Overall U.S. beer sales were approximately 197,124,407 barrels and imported beer sales were 29,430,185 barrels in 2014.
- 3,464 total breweries operated for some or all of 2014, the highest total since the 1880s.
See full Infographic.
* 1 barrel = 31 U.S. gallons
Last updated on 9/1/2015