Craft Brewing Facts
- Craft brewers currently provide an estimated 424,000 jobs in the U.S., including serving staff in brewpubs.
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2015 was 12.2% by volume and 21% by dollar shares.
- Craft brewers sold an estimated 24,076,864 barrels of beer in 2015.
- Retail dollar value from craft brewers in 2015 was estimated at $22.3 billion, up from $19.6 billion in 2014.
- 4,201 at the end of 2015. There were 4,269 that operated for all or part of 2015 with 68 closings.
Other U.S. Brewing Industry Facts
- Overall U.S. beer sales were approximately 196,701,792 barrels and imported beer sales were 224,076,864 barrels in 2015.
* 1 barrel = 31 U.S. gallons
Last updated on 6/22/2016