Craft Beer Can ChickenBy craftbeerchef.com
- Meal: Entree
- Seasonality: Summer
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 4-6
- Time: 15 minutes
- Beer Style: Amber Ale
- Beer: Pilsner
One of my all time summer favorites is beer can chicken. Of course I will never use a Miller Lite or Coors Light, but I found a Pilsner style of beer works best. You and your friends will enjoy the moist meat falling off the bone, bursting with great fl
1 whole young chicken
Salt & Pepper
Old Bay Seasoning
1 Large potato
1 Can of Craft Beer
1. Clear out all internal packaging from the middle of the chicken.
2. Add salt and pepper to the entire chicken, internally and externally.
3. Add Old Bay Seasoning to the outside of the chicken giving it a light orange tint.
4. Open the entire top portion of the craft beer. Not only the drinking tab, but the entire top of the can should be removed.
5. Add 1 tsp of Old Bay directly into the beer.
6. Place the chicken on top of the beer can.
7. On the top side of the chicken, add 1 un-pealed potato. This will allow the beer to flavor the meat and not escape through the top.
8. Place the craft beer and chicken on the grill.
9. Maintain temperature of 350 degrees for appx 2 hours.
10. Continually check the chicken to be sure the beer is not overflowing on the grill.
11. Cut the chicken down the middle to be sure all of the meat is fully cooked.
12. Remove from the grill and remove from the craft beer can.