Craft Beer Can ChickenBy craftbeerchef.com
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time15 minutes
One of my all time summer favorites is beer can chicken. Of course I will never use a Miller Lite or Coors Light, but I found a Pilsner style of beer works best. You and your friends will enjoy the moist meat falling off the bone, bursting with great fl
- 1 whole young chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Large potato
- 1 Can of Craft Beer
- 1. Clear out all internal packaging from the middle of the chicken.
- 2. Add salt and pepper to the entire chicken, internally and externally.
- 3. Add Old Bay Seasoning to the outside of the chicken giving it a light orange tint.
- 4. Open the entire top portion of the craft beer. Not only the drinking tab, but the entire top of the can should be removed.
- 5. Add 1 tsp of Old Bay directly into the beer.
- 6. Place the chicken on top of the beer can.
- 7. On the top side of the chicken, add 1 un-pealed potato. This will allow the beer to flavor the meat and not escape through the top.
- 8. Place the craft beer and chicken on the grill.
- 9. Maintain temperature of 350 degrees for appx 2 hours.
- 10. Continually check the chicken to be sure the beer is not overflowing on the grill.
- 11. Cut the chicken down the middle to be sure all of the meat is fully cooked.
- 12. Remove from the grill and remove from the craft beer can.
- 13. Enjoy.