Dry Hopped Hot DogsBy craftbeerchef.com
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time2 hours
One of my all-time favorite summer dinners is a hot dog. But after trying a few recipes, you might want to switch things up. Nothing's better than a hoppy hot dog to enlighten the taste buds.
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 bottles of Bell's Brewery Two Hearted Ale
- Centennial hops
- Add 2oz of Centennial hops to 2 bottles of Bell's Two Hearted Ale in a medium sized pot for 2 hours.
- Cover in plastic or aluminum foil for 2 hours and place in the refrigerator.
- After two hours, remove the hot dogs and add to a new pot.
- Add 2 new bottles of Bells Two Hearted Ale to the pot. No hops should be added at this point.
- Bring beer to a slight boil and add hot dogs. Boil hot dogs for 10 minutes.Remove from the pot and serve with or without a hot dog bun.
Dennis McGuire is the owner of the popular blog CraftBeerChef.com, a unique blog that offers craft beer food recipes, craft beer food pairings, and great brew snack pairings. The Craft Beer Chef also enjoys hosting beer tasting events for new people to the craft beer scene. Born and raised in Philadelphia, Dennis enjoys hanging out with his family, home brewing, and Philly sports. You can follow him on Twitter @CraftBeerChef.