Sweet Potato Pie Filling with Full Sail Top SailBy Bri Dotson
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time30 minutes + cook time
- Yieldone 8-inch pie
Looking for an easy way to add craft beer to your holiday dinner table? Here's an easy way to add it to your favorite sweet potato pie recipe. Use your favorite pre-made pie crust to make this super simple and delicious dessert!
- 15 oz sweet potato puree (2 medium sweet potatoes) 1.5 Tbsp butter, melted 3 eggs 1 egg yolk 1/2 cup granulated sugar 2 Tbsp brown sugar 2/3 cup Full Sail Top Sail (degassed) 1/3 cup whole milk 1/4 tsp salt pinch nutmeg
- If using canned puree, just mix it with the melted butter. If using fresh sweet potatoes, bake them for about an hour in a 400°F oven (until fully baked), scoop out the flesh, and puree it in the food processor with the melted butter.
- Using your favorite pie crust recipe, blind bake the shell with pie weights for 20 to 25 minutes in a 350°F oven (until lightly golden brown).
- Combine sweet potato mixture with all other ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Pour into blind-baked shell and bake for 40 to 45 minutes in a 350°F oven until set.
Bri, author of Beer for Dessert has a B.S. in Geography and Meteorology from Arizona State University and an M.S. in Atmospheric Science from the University of Washington. She left the world of science research and academia to obtain her most relevant educational degree: an A.A.S. in Specialty Desserts and Breads from Seattle Culinary Academy. Currently, she work at a bakery in Seattle called T.M. Dessert Works.