Hellbender Brewing Company to Celebrate 5 Years with 7 New Brews, Anniversary Party This Saturday
WASHINGTON – Hellbender Brewing will celebrate its fifth birthday with family, friends, local residents and craft beer fans this Saturday, Nov. 16 at its taproom in Northeast
D.C. The special anniversary party will feature a DJ, food trucks, games, screen printing and even local spirits tastings.
Tickets available here.
To mark the momentous occasion, CEO and Head Brewer Ben Evans is also releasing five (5) new barrel-aged beers, of which all were aged in barrels from DC’s own local distilleries:
- Big Lebrettski: Cotton and Reed Rum Barrel-Aged Imperial Saison, aged with brettanomyces;
- Donny, Who Loved Bowling: Sangfroid Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged Double Brown Ale;
- Pomeranian Bowling League: One Eight Rye Barrel-Aged Double Oatmeal Stout;
- Groundskeeper Islay: One Eight Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy Scotch Ale;
- Funk In The Dunk: Cotton and Reed Rum Barrel Aged Dunkelweisse, aged with
“Five years is a massive milestone for us. We’ve been putting a lot of thought into the celebration and the special beer releases for the past several months and we cannot wait to celebrate with our local community,” said Evans.
Hellbender will also release a Honey Farmhouse Ale, Friender Bender, during the party as well. The honey, slowly sourced over the last two years, came from Evans’ father’s property where he keeps bees in his spare time. The beer is being released in collaboration with local beer garden favorite The Midlands, who are celebrating their third anniversary this Friday. Friender Bender will also be available for purchase in four-packs from the Hellbender taproom.
Additionally, Hellbender will release an Imperial Blackberry Oat Ale named Purple Jumpsuit.
“Many of the close partnerships we’ve developed with local businesses over the past five years will be strongly represented at the anniversary party. All of our barrels have been sourced from our friends at the local distilleries, and the BBQ meat specials from Smoke and Ember will be cooked and flavored with our beer. Even the World Gold Medal-winning blue cheese guests will find on top of one of Timber Pizza’s specials is made by the farmer who picks up our spent grains to feed his cows.
“We look forward to continued growth in the coming year while building and strengthening the relationships with our local community.”
The anniversary celebration will also feature:
- Food trucks Timber Pizza and Smoke and Ember will be on-site. Both will be making specials just for the party, while also offering their classic favorites;
- Cornhole and giant Jenga will be available for guest play;
- DJ Tokyo Love Handles will play for the crowd while perched on top of a brewhouse platform;
- Local screen printer, The Arcade, will be on-site printing and selling custom t-shirts;
- One Eight Distillery and Sangfroid Distillery will be on-site offering tastings from noon-3pm;
- Special firkin beer tappings will also be available (small keg tapped with a wooden mallet.) These limited offerings will include a southwestern spiced stout with cocoa, cinnamon and New Mexico red chiles, and a lime sour ale with split Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans.
Tickets are $15 and include a special anniversary pint glass and guests’ first draft beer. Staff will be on hand to sell other tickets that are redeemable for pours of beers at various stations set up throughout the taproom and back brewing area.
About Hellbender Brewing Company
Hellbender Brewing Company was established in 2014 and operates out of its Northeast D.C. taproom.