Upland Brewing Company Rebrands Champagne Velvet and Expands Distribution
Champagne Velvet, the iconic Indiana beer brand first brewed in 1902 and revived by Upland in 2013, will now be available all year long across the entire Upland Brewing Company distribution territories.
The classic American pilsener will be available for purchase in bottled six packs, canned four packs and on tap at establishments in April.
With its smooth, sessionable, classic pilsener flavor, the beer is an ideal choice for good friends enjoying good times—from an afternoon porch party to a night at the dive bar.
Coinciding with the expanded distribution is new packaging for Champagne Velvet, based on an original CV can from the 1940s.
“Champagne Velvet is an icon of Indiana brewing with a ton of history, so we wanted to embrace that with the rebrand,” said Doug Dayhoff, Upland’s President. “The label art comes from the CV’s heyday in the 1940s and 50s and communicates what the beer is all about: a classic, well-made American pilsener that’s a big step up from industrial lagers. You don’t have to overthink it – it’s a great beer for good times.”
About Champagne Velvet
The Beer with the Million Dollar Flavor
- Champagne Velvet is a German-inspired lager that was the flagship of Terre Haute Brewing Company from the turn of the 20th century until the late 1950s
- In honor of the beer’s legacy, Upland Brewing Company revived Champagne Velvet in 2013 to mark the company’s 15th anniversary
- Champagne Velvet is a classic American Pilsener, reminiscent of local beer pre-prohibition
- The balance of corn and malted barley produces a golden straw color and subtle sweetness
- Cluster hops, the oldest variety grown in the United States, are used for bittering
- Late kettle addition of German Tettnang provides noble hop flavor and aroma
- To learn more about Champagne Velvet, pay a visit to:www.champagnevelvet.com or www.uplandbeer.com/champagnevelvet
- You may direct questions to Taylor Harruff: firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-264-5856.
Company: Upland Brew Co.
Contact: Emily Hines