Brewers Association Sends American Craft Beer to Peyton Manning
On Sunday, the Denver Broncos took the Super Bowl 50 title, and Peyton Manning took home his second victory in football’s biggest game. Congratulations to The Sheriff on a game well played and a win well deserved. And while the feat did indeed earn Mr. Manning the right to kick back with his teammates for a beer or two, the seemingly shameless plug of the World’s largest beer company made many in craft beer land confused.
Wouldn’t he rather have a beer more fitting of his superstardom; maybe a beer that more closely represents the Broncos’ status as an underdog? That’s what we believe small and independent craft brewers represent.
So, the Brewers Association (publishers of CraftBeer.com) put together a care package for the talented quarterback in hopes of helping him find another post-game refreshment. Since Peyton happens to play in one of the most beer-centric states in the nation, we made sure to include a good number of beers that were local to Colorado in addition to a few other classic and approachable options from around the country.
Along with the beer, we included a letter of congratulations and appreciation for his hard work. We hope you enjoy the beer, Peyton!!
Peyton’s care package included:
- Black Bavarian (German-style Schwarzbier) | Sprecher Brewing Co. | Glendale, WI
- Apricot Blonde (Blonde Ale) | Dry Dock Brewing Co. | Aurora, CO
- Craft Lager (American Lager) | Upslope Brewing Co. | Boulder, CO
- Colorado Kolsch (German-style Kolsch) | Steamworks Brewing Co. | Durango, CO
- Racer 5 IPA (India Pale Ale) | Bear Republic Brewing Co. | Healdsburg, CA
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager (Vienna-style Lager) | Boston Beer Co. | Boston, MA
- Mojo IPA (India Pale Ale) | Boulder Beer Co. | Boulder, CO
- Sawtooth Ale Nitro (Extra Special Bitter) | Left Hand Brewing Co. | Longmont, CO
- Session Cream Summer Ale (Cream Ale) | Full Sail Brewing Co. | Hood River, OR
- Graham Cracker Porter (American Porter) | Denver Beer Co. | Denver, CO
What American craft beer would you send to Peyton Manning?