Medal Winning Selfies from the 2016 Great American Beer Festival
The Great American Beer Festival Awards Ceremony begins early(ish) Saturday morning, and the feeling inside Denver’s Bellco Theater is electric. This is the 90 minutes these brewers have been waiting for — will they hear their name called for a medal?
The GABF competition is not only the largest commercial brewing competition in the world, but 2016 also saw the largest number of entries in GABF’s 35-year history. The competition’s 264 professional judges from around the world are tasked with identifying the three beers that best represent each beer-style category as described and adopted by the Great American Beer Festival.
We pulled together photos capturing some of those medal-winning selfies and Instagram posts below.
The Bruery | Placentia, Calif.
- Gold | Mischief | Category: American-Style Belgo Ale
- Silver | Wineification II |Category: Experimental Beer
NoDa Brewing Co. | Charlotte, NC
- Gold | NoDajito | Category: Herb & Spice Beer
Fat Head’s Brewery | North Olmsted, OH
- Black Muddy River Imperial Black Ale | Silver | Category: Other Strong Beer
- IBUSive | Bronze | Category: Fresh or Wet Hopped Ale
Hardywood Park Craft Brewery | Richmond, VA
- Silver | Grosse Teufel | Category: Historical Beer
Denver Beer Co. | Denver
- Gold | Drama Queen | Category: Wood & Barrel Aged Beer
The Austin Beer Garden Brewing | Austin, TX
- Large Brewpub and Large Brewpub Brewer of the Year
- Gold | Industry | Category: German-Style Pilsener
Kohola Brewery | Lahaina, HI
- Bronze | Lokahi | Category: German-Style Pilsener
Carver Brewing Co. | Durango, CO
- Silver | Lightner Creek Lager | Category: German-Style Light Lager
This is what winning a silver medal at GABF looks like!! Congrats Carvers!!! #lightnercreeklager #silvermedal #GABF2016 #carverbrewingcompany #carverbrewing #craftbeer #winnerwinner #visitdurango #pursuitofhoppiness #argyleorbust #newdresscode @carverbrewing @mikeatcarvers @redbeardraider @codylooman @_.tiptoes.of.indigo._ @nanoascenzi
Alvarado Street Brewery | Monterey, CA
Silver | Mai Tai | Category: Australian-Style or International-Style Pale Ale
You can find the full GABF medal list here.