Denver Rare Beer Tasting Tickets on Sale Father’s Day
DENVER, CO – More than 60 of America’s leading craft breweries will take part in the 10th annual Denver Rare Beer Tasting to raise funds for the Pints for Prostates campaign.
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held on Sept. 21 in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting 10 features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from dozens of leading craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“During the last decade the Denver Rare Beer Tasting has established a tradition as a gathering of some of the most highly regarded American craft breweries serving a collection of the most unique beers on the planet,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “These brewers help us reach men through the universal language of beer and fight prostate cancer. We’re proud of this annual celebration of beer passion and brewing craftsmanship.”
Responses from breweries invited to the event are still coming in, but those who have committed to attend the Denver Rare Beer Tasting include:
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska
- Amalgam Brewing, Denver, Colo. *
- AleSmith Brewing, San Diego, Calif.
- August Schell Brewing, New Ulm, Minn. *
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo.
- Bell’s Brewery, Comstock, Mich.
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont.
- Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales, Denver, Colo.
- The Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Casey Blending & Brewing, Glenwood Springs, Colo.
- Cerebral Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- Dry Dock Brewing, Aurora, Colo.
- Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif.
- Foothills Brewing, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Forager Brewing, Rochester, Minn.
- Founders Brewing, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Full Sail Brewing, Hood River, Ore.
- Fullsteam Brewery, Durham, N.C.
- Garden Path Fermentation, Burlington, Wash. *
- Grand Teton Brewing, Victor, Idaho
- Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver, Colo.
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Richmond, Va.
- Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project, Denver, Colo.
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Kane Brewing, Ocean, N.J.
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- Melvin Brewing, Alpine, Wyoming
- Modern Times Beer, San Diego, Calif. *
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- New Holland Brewing, Holland, Mich.
- New Realm Brewing, Atlanta, Ga. *
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.
- Odell Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Ozark Beer Co., Rogers, Arkansas
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo.
- Perry Street Brewing, Spokane, Wash.
- The Rare Barrel, Berkeley, Calif. *
- Rhinegeist Brewery, Cincinnati, Ohio
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore.
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Saint Arnold Brewing, Houston, Texas
- Samuel Adams Brewery, Boston, Mass.
- SanTan Brewing, Chandler, Ariz.*
- Side Project Cellar, Saint Louis, Mo.
- Spangalang Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.
- Stoup Brewing, Seattle, Wash. *
- Sun King Brewing, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Surly Brewing, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Trophy Brewing, Raleigh, N.C. *
- Union Craft Brewery, Baltimore, Md.
- Verboten Brewing and Barrel Project, Loveland, Colo.
- WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, Colo.
- Werk Force Brewing, Plainfield, Ill. *
- Woods Boss Brewing, Denver, Colo. *
- Wormtown Brewery, Worcester, Mass.
- Yazoo Brewing, Nashville, Tenn.
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the annual tasting. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 10 will be released prior to the event.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, Craft Beer and Brewing is the media sponsor for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 10 and logistical support is being provided by MicroStar. Additional sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.Tickets for the event go on sale on June 17 at 10 a.m. (MT) via AXS.com. VIP tickets are $175 and include early admission on Sept. 21 starting at Noon. General Admission tickets are $125 for the 1-4 p.m. tasting. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A special beer centric lunch created by Jensen Cummings of Brewed Food is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. During the event, attendees can also participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening. Last year, 165 men took advantage of the free blood test during GABF weekend in Denver.
“When we launched this event in 2009 the craft beer world was a different place. There were 1,600 craft brewers in the U.S. and now there are more than 6,500. There has been an explosion of beer styles and the sophistication of the craft beer consumer has expanded. Rare beer was a relatively new thing when the Denver Rare Beer Tasting was conceived,” said Lyke. “The Denver Rare Beer Tasting serves as a celebration of beer creativity with a serious mission: raising awareness about prostate cancer. Beer fans get to taste a collection of beers that few people have the opportunity to enjoy, while rubbing elbows with some of the world’s most talented brewers.”
The first nine Denver Rare Beer Tastings sold out several weeks in advance. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All Denver Rare Beer Tasting ticket holders will be entered into a drawing for a special beer trip for two. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will receive a beer trip that includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., hotel accommodations, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, beer lunches and beer dinners.
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 165,000 new prostate cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2018 in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).
# ## #
Company: Pints for Prostates
Contact: Rick Lyke