- Grill the Fresno chilis until the skins are charred, peel and de-seed.
- Cold smoke the chilis with the applewood chips, about 20 minutes. Finely chop and set aside.
- Warm the canola oil on medium heat in a 6 quart pot. When the oil is hot, not smoking, add the peeled garlic and toast until they are light brown. Adjust the heat or remove them for later if they look like they might burn.
- Add the sliced onion and cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes. Make sure you have the chicken stock/water close by, the next part goes fast.
- Add the sesame seeds to the pot and toast, about one minute. Add the cumin and toast, about 15 seconds. Add the Guajillos and oregano and toast, about 5 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock/water immediately. Omit the chicken stock if you want to keep it vegetarian. Add the rest of the water, vinegar and raisins and simmer everything for 30 minutes. Puree.
- Strain the Guajillo mixture and reduce by half, careful for spatter. Thin with the Chocolate Yeti. Add the Fresnos and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The adobo sauce will be better if it sits for a couple days.
- The recipe is big because that's what works for one whole bomber. The recipe could be cut in half and the rest of the beer could find a home in a glass. Either way, the sauce can be used for a lot of things, marinades, braising liquid, enchilada sauce, etc.