The third annual Madison Craft Beer Week (MCBW) hosts more than 100 events celebrating craft beer in and around Madison, Wisconsin.
Madison Craft Beer Week runs from Friday May 3 through Sunday May 12, 2013 and features a wide variety of events highlighting Dane County’s vibrant craft beer culture. MCBW 2013 will feature beer dinners, festivals, rare bottle tastings, cheese pairings, brewery tours, classes, movies, Friday Fish Fries and more—there is truly something for everyone, from novice to connoisseur.
MCBW promotes Madison’s thriving craft beer culture, enhancing beer knowledge and appreciation, by sponsoring a ten-day (two weekend) countywide festival that attracts beer tourism, fosters knowledge of our regional brewing heritage, and serves as a showcase for the Madison area’s breweries, restaurants, pubs, caterers, retailers, entertainers, and other businesses with ties to the craft beer community.
Craft beer lovers will have the opportunity to attend events ranging from beer dinners and food pairings to beer walks, bar promotions, brewery parties and plenty more. Plan your week with accurate and easy-to-use iPhone and Android apps. Craft beer week activities may include:
- Brewery parties and/or meet the brewer events
- Beer dinners & beer cook off
- Beer education and/or classes
- Cheese & beer, sausage & beer, chocolate & beer pairings
- Beer vs. wine night (e.g., beer vs. wine with cheese pairing)
- Real ale/bourbon barrel aged/barleywine festivals
- Home brewing demonstrations/education
- Pub crawls, bicycle tours, historical brewery site tours, scavenger hunt
- Great Taste of the Midwest ticket sales Sunday May 5th
The 2013 MCBW builds on a highly successful second year, which saw thousands of craft beer lovers enjoy more than 150 events at more than 60 venues.
Company: (608) 204-6258
Contact: Bill Rogers