Speakeasy Releases Syndicate No. 01 Blend
San Francisco-based Speakeasy Ales & Lagers recently announced they will release Syndicate No. 01 Blend, a Bourbon Barrel-aged Vintage Ale blended from six Speakeasy beers. Production was limited to 350 cases and the beer will only be available at the brewery and a few other select retailers across the West Coast. Speakeasy will be releasing Syndicate No. 01 at the taproom on Thursday Dec. 5 from 4-7pm, to commemorate the repeal of Prohibition!
“This is certainly the most unique beer we’ve ever produced,” said Brewmaster Kushal Hall. “There were so many factors to consider in the creation of this beer—the collective recipe writing, the brewing and fermentation of each of the component beers, the aging of each beer in the different types of bourbon barrels, and how the individual beers interacted with each barrel…”
Syndicate No. 01 Blend Component Percentages are as follows:
- 51% | Old Godfather Barleywine | aged 26 months
- 15% | Black Hand Volume 1 Imperial Stout | aged 13 months
- 14% | Two Minutes to Midnight Imperial Stout | aged 12 months
- 11% | Betrayal Imperial Red | aged 12 months
- 5% | Double Daddy Imperial IPA | aged 12 months
- 3% | Payback Robust Porter | aged 18 months
To read more about Speakeasy Ales & Lagers and The Syndicate Series, check out their latest newsletter.