“Not long ago, in a beer town not too far away…,” reads the opening line of Wit’s End Brewing’s latest media release. It is safe to say that owner, Scott Witsoe–and pretty much the entire world–is super excited for the latest Star Wars, Star Wars The Force Awakens.
Wit’s End has already begun their celebration, previewing one of their Star Wars themed beers from Tuesday to Thursday, leading up to the movie release. Additionally, the Denver brewery will be showing other Star Wars movies through the weekend and will even award one fanatic a growler filled with their choice of one of their Star Wars-inspired beers, if they are voted to have the most unique Star Wars memorabilia.
“Well what would you expect from a brewery that’s owned by an 80s nerd,” jokes Witsoe.
All five Star Wars-inspired beers will be available on Friday, Dec. 18 in addition to their regular line up. Learn more about their celebration on Facebook.
Wit’s End Star Wars Beers:
- Darth Malt | Black Imperial Amber Ale
- Luke, I Am Your Pater | Belgian-Style Patersbier
- Imperial Rye Fighter | Rye Imperial Dry Stout
- Old Jedi Mind Trick | Session Old Ale brewed with Brown Sugar and Oak chips
- Mai The Fourth (Awakens) | Maibock Inspired Ale
Other Star Wars-Inspired Beers
For those not in the Denver Metro Area and without a Millennium Falcon to get you there from anywhere in the galaxy in “less than 12 parcecs,” you can search out these craft beers.
- Imperial Stout Trooper | New England Brewing Co. | Woodbridge, CT
- Light Speed Pale Ale | Toppling Goliath | Decorah, IA
- Dark Helmet Imperial Schwarzbier | The Brew Kettle, Strongsville, OH
CraftBeer.com is fully dedicated to small and independent U.S. breweries. We are published by the Brewers Association, the not-for-profit trade group dedicated to promoting and protecting America’s small and independent craft brewers. Stories and opinions shared on CraftBeer.com do not imply endorsement by or positions taken by the Brewers Association or its members.