Bagger Dave’s 2013 BEERmuda TRIANGLE TOUR with the HAPPY HOUR GUYS Depart June 20
Stops include metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and Indianapolis area Bagger Dave’s locations and local breweries; contest to select special guests to launch
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – June 3, 2013 – Bagger Dave’s Legendary Burger Tavern, a unique, full-service, ultra-casual restaurant and bar, will kick off their 2013 BEERmuda Triangle Tour with the Happy Hour Guys on Thursday, June 20. Stops will be made to 10 Bagger Dave’s restaurants and breweries in metropolitan Detroit (June 20-26), Grand Rapids (June 27-July 3) and Indianapolis (July 11-12).
“There are few things in life sweeter than a great burger and an ice cold local craft beer, and Michigan and Indiana have an abundance of both,” said T. Michael Ansley, president and CEO of Diversified Restaurant Holdings, which operates Bagger Dave’s. “We are excited to have the Happy Hour Guys take our guests behind the scenes at our restaurants and some of our region’s best breweries.”
Since 2006, Broadway Actors Jimmy Ludwig and Mark Aldrich, a.k.a. The Happy Hour Guys (www.thehappyhourguys.com) have produced the video series that features local craft beverages, the places to drink them and the stories that bind them together. Together, they have traveled to more than 35 states, Europe and Japan.
As part of the three-region tour, an online contest will be held to choose five to 10 individuals, per restaurant, to attend a private beer and food tasting with the Happy Hour Guys, and special guests depending on location. Contestants may enter by emailing their name and location to firstname.lastname@example.org or direct messaging @BaggerDaves on Twitter. One week before each stop, contestants will be randomly selected and contacted directly. All contestants must be at least 21 years of age. Contest winners also will receive a Bagger Dave’s swag bag at the event.
The schedule for the tour is as follows:
Detroit area Thursday, June 20
- Atwater Brewing, 1-4 p.m.
- Bagger Dave’s Berkley (2972 Coolidge Highway, 48072), 6-8 p.m.
- Highlight: An introduction to the Tour and event ticket giveaway to Downtown Detroit Beerfest
Friday, June 21
- Downtown Detroit Bagger Dave’s (1224 Randolph, 48226), 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Highlight: A preview of the new restaurant, which is slated to open Fall 2013
- Table at Downtown Detroit Beer Fest (interviewing brewers and reps), 5-10 p.m.
Saturday, June 22
- Detroit Beer Fest continues 1-6 p.m.
- Shelby Township Bagger Dave’s (13963 Hall Road, 48315), 7-9 p.m.
- Highlight: Atwater Brewery tasting and food pairing
Monday, June 24
- Short’s Brewing, noon- 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 26
- Arbor Brewing, 1-4 p.m.
- Ann Arbor Bagger Dave’s (859 W. Eisenhower Parkway, 48103), 6-8 p.m.
- Highlight: Tasting and food pairing
Western Michigan Thursday, June 27
- New Holland Brewing, 1-4 p.m.
- Holland Bagger Dave’s (3333 W. Shore Drive, 49424), 7-9 p.m.
- Highlight: New Holland tasting with Fred Bueltmann (@BeerVangelist)
Friday, June 28
- Brewery Vivant, 3-6 p.m.
- Downtown Grand Rapids Bagger Dave’s (241 W. Fulton, 49503), noon to 2 p.m.
- Highlight: Brewery Vivant tasting and food pairing
Saturday, June 29
- Bell’s Brewing, noon – 3 p.m.
- Cascade Township Bagger Dave’s (2817 Kraft Avenue SE, 49512), 6-8 p.m.
- Highlight: Ticket giveaway for Michigan Brewer’s Guild Summer Beer Fest
Sunday, June 30
- Arcadia Ales, noon – 3 p.m.
- Dark Horse Brewing, 4:30 – 7 p.m.
Monday, July 1
- East Lansing Bagger Dave’s (1351 E. Grand River, 48823), 5-7 p.m.
- Highlight: Dark Horse vs. Arcadia ‘Great Beer Night’
Indianapolis area Thursday, July 11
- Sun King Brewing, 1-4 p.m.
- Indianapolis Bagger Dave’s (8840 N. Michigan Road, 48268), 7-9 p.m.
- Highlight: Sun King Brewing tasting and food pairing session
Friday, July 12
- Upland Brewing, 1-4 p.m.
- Avon Bagger Dave’s (9646 E. Highway 36, 46123), 7-9 p.m.
- Highlight: Sun King vs. Upland tasting and food pairing. Will feature a “Dress like a Pirate” contest
Bagger Dave’s has 11 corporate-owned locations in Michigan, one in Indianapolis and a franchisee in Missouri. Four additional locations are expected to open this year: two in Michigan – Downtown Detroit and Traverse City, and two in Indiana – Avon and Greenwood.
Bagger Dave’s offers a warm, welcoming neighborhood atmosphere and memorable guest service. Each location features full table service and a bar serving local craft beers and wine, never-frozen premium beef-blend burgers and all-natural ground turkey burgers and a choice of 30 Meaningless Free Toppings®, including six cheese choices, three types of buns, six house-made sauces and more. Patrons can create their own legendary beef, turkey, or veggie black bean burgers. A selection of Signature Burgers also is available on the menu, including the Tuscan Turkey Burger™ (sliced mozzarella, tomato, onion and basil and balsamic vinaigrette) and the famed Train Wreck Burger™ (fresh-cut fries, fried egg, mild cheddar, sautéed onions and mushrooms and Bagger Dave’s Railhouse Burger Sauce™).
Other menu highlights include fresh-cut potato French fries, Dave’s Sweet Potato Chips®, Amazingly Delicious Turkey Black Bean Chili® and Sloppy Dave’s BBQ®, as well as sandwiches, salads and hand-dipped milkshakes.
Atmosphere is equally important at Bagger Dave’s, which was founded in 2008. The company has identified a niche in the burger business with a modern interpretation of the old-fashioned neighborhood bar. The restaurants are inviting for adults and kids alike, with localized décor of the town’s historical past displayed throughout, a bar, and even an electric train that runs above the dining room and bar areas. For more information, visit www.baggerdaves.com.
About Bagger Dave’s Bagger Dave’s offers a full-service, family-friendly restaurant and bar with a casual, comfortable atmosphere. The menu features freshly-made burgers (never frozen), accompanied by more than 30 toppings from which to choose, along with fresh-cut fries, hand-dipped milkshakes, and a selection of local craft beer and wine. Signature items include Sloppy Dave’s BBQ®, Train Wreck Burger®, and Bagger Dave’s Amazingly Delicious Turkey Black Bean Chili®. The Bagger Dave’s concept emphasizes local flair by showcasing historical photos of the city in which each restaurant resides and features an electric train that runs above the dining room and bar areas. Currently, there are 11 corporate-owned locations throughout Michigan and Indiana and one franchised location in Cape Girardeau, Mo. For more information, visit www.BaggerDaves.com.
About Diversified Restaurant Holdings Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc. (“DRH” or the “Company”) is the owner, operator, and franchisor of the unique, full-service, ultra-casual restaurant concept, Bagger Dave’s Legendary Burger Tavern® (“Bagger Dave’s”) and one of the largest Buffalo Wild Wings® (“BWW”) franchisees. Between the two concepts, the Company currently operates 44 restaurants in Michigan, Florida, Illinois, and Indiana, and one franchised Bagger Dave’s in Missouri. The Company routinely posts news and other important information on its website at www.DiversifiedRestaurantHoldings.com.