- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup fruit beer, reduced by half (need 1/4 cup for the recipe)
- 1 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- These melt-in-your-mouth caramel candies are sweet, a bit salty and have a perfect touch of beer.
- We've found beers with strong flavors work best (stout, IPA, or fruit beer).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and grease.
- Combine sugar, beer and cream of tartar in a heavy bottom stockpot. Boil until the mixture reaches 300°F on a candy thermometer.
- Add butter and vanilla and whisk until fully mixed in.
- Add heavy cream and sea salt, and mix thoroughly. Bring mixture back up to 250°F.
- Pour caramel onto prepared baking sheet and let cool.
- Cut into caramel candies and wrap in pre-cut wax paper.
- Share and enjoy!