- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold, flat stout, divided in half
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- graham crackers
- chocolate bars
- cooked bacon
- coat hanger
- To make the stout flat, whisk it in a bowl for a minute, then refrigerate for an hour. Pour half a cup of the beer in a mixing bowl and sprinkle gelatin over it, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and other half cup of beer over low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and bring to a boil until the liquid reaches 245°F.
- Remove pot from heat and pour liquid over the gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Beat mixture with an electric mixer on high speed until it has nearly tripled in volume, roughly 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they hold stiff peaks. Add egg whites and vanilla to sugar mixture and beat until just combined.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of a square cake pan, dust bottom and sides with powdered sugar. Pour mixture into loaf pan and sift some powdered sugar evenly over top. Chill marshmallow, uncovered, until firm (at least four hours), then cut into squares.
- Skewer the marshmallows on a stick (or coat hanger) and cook over a fire until brown on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. Layer the s’more: graham cracker first, then chocolate, then beer marshmallow, then bacon, and cap it off with another graham cracker.