These beer pickles made with pale ale have a sweet flavor with a spicy punch. They are the perfect addition to burgers or a charcuterie board.
- To make these beer pickles, in a medium saucepan combine pale ale, water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Place over medium-high heat and stir occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and then turn off heat.
- In a clean, large glass jar (or a multiple smaller jars) distribute cucumber slices, mustard seeds, garlic and chili flakes.
- Pour the pickling liquid over the cucumbers and spices, making sure that they are completely covered.
- At this point, if you’re preserving the pickles, you’ll seal them using a canning water bath and process for ten minutes.
- Preserved pickles can be kept in a cool dark place for up to six months.
- Refrigerate after opening. If not, seal the jar or jars and let rest in the refrigerator for at least two days before eating.