Two Beer Pumpkin SoupBy The Beer Cook
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time2 hours
- Yield2 - 4
The Beer Cook uses two beers in her pumpkin soup, Shipyard Brewing Company’s Pumpkinhead to highlight the pumpkin flavor and Brewery Ommegang’s Abbey Ale for its sweeter caramel and fruit notes.
- 2.5 lbs chopped pumpkin (I scraped mine from the inside of a pumpkin I was going to carve)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Shipyard Brewing Company's Pumpkinhead (or other pumpkin beer)
- 1/2 cup Brewery Ommegang's Abbey Ale
- To make this hearty pumpkin soup, place the chopped pumpkin in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook until tender.
- Puree the pumpkin in a blender and return to the pot.
- Over medium heat add the rest of the ingredients. Cook until warm, stirring intermittently.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds before serving.
- Pumpkin seeds were covered in a mixture of melted butter, salt, garlic powder, cinnamon, and paprika before roasting for 45 minutes.