Chicken Baked in Beer & HerbsBy Wishful Chef
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time15 minutes (90 minute baking time)
This easy recipe for baked chicken from the Wishful Chef creates a tasty caramelized beer sauce, perfect to serve over rice or mashed potatoes. This is a perfect weeknight meal made with your favorite Brown Ale.
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks
- head of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- 4 oz. cubed pancetta or sliced bacon strips
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp juniper berries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. bottle Brown Ale
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Add the garlic, pancetta, carrots and herbs. Pour beer in the dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the drumsticks over and bake another 15 minutes. Turn over again two more times keeping every turn 15 minutes.
- After the fourth turn, the chicken should be cooked with a caramelized beer sauce. If the chicken is done but the sauce isn’t caramelized, just keep the chicken warm while you boil the sauce down to your liking.
Barbie, author of Wishful Chef, is a Brooklyn-based graphic designer who is obsessed with anything food related. She originally started her blog to connect to other food lovers and showcase dishes she would serve on her menu if she were a chef. Her recipes are simple and she uses high quality, fresh ingredients whenever possible. She tries to cook healthy dishes with a focus on whole grains and vegetables.