Baked Brown Ale Chicken with HerbsBy Wishful Chef
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time15 minutes
This easy recipe for baked brown ale chicken from the Wishful Chef creates a tasty caramelized beer sauce, perfect to serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks
- head of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- 4 oz. cubed pancetta or sliced bacon strips
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp juniper berries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. bottle brown ale
- To make this brown ale chicken, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Add the garlic, pancetta, carrots and herbs. Pour brown ale in the dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the drumsticks over and bake another 15 minutes. Turn over again two more times keeping every turn 15 minutes.
- After the fourth turn, the chicken should be cooked with a caramelized beer sauce. If the chicken is done but the sauce isn’t caramelized, just keep the chicken warm while you boil the sauce down to your liking.