Bacon. Blue cheese. Pale ale. Potatoes. These ingredients in this potato salad don’t just go together–they belong together.
2.5-3 lbs potatoes (I used red)
6 slices bacon (turkey for us!)
4 scallions or spring onions
1/2 cup beer
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 cup blue cheese
- To make this delicious potato salad, wash potatoes and chop into bite size pieces. Place in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While you are waiting for the potatoes to come to a boil, cook the bacon and let cool.
- Chop your onion (use whites and greens) and bacon.
- In the bottom of your serving bowl, combine pale ale, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder and add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are done, drain and add to the beer mixture. Add onions, bacon and blue cheese. Combine and serve.