This recipe for beer-candied bacon by Tide & Thyme will fit in perfectly at your next back yard get-together. The sugary sweetness of the brown sugar glaze is just the right contrast to the hearty bacon.
- 1 lb thick-cut, high quality bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp beer (Dogfish Head Chicory Stout)
- To make this beer-candied bacon, preheat oven to 400°F. Combine brown sugar and stout (author used Dogfish Head Chicory Stout) in a small bowl, whisking well to form a thin syrup. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top. Place the pieces of bacon on top of the rack, overlapping if necessary. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush one side of the bacon with the beer syrup. Flip, and coat the other side with the syrup as well. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and repeat process another time or two more, until bacon is crispy and browned, and you’ve used all the glaze.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving.