- Black Magic Shrimp
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 pound - 16/20 shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp Chef Joes “Black Magic” or some sort of blackening spice
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Evil Cousin Imperial IPA
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed
- French bread as accompaniment
- In a large skillet combine olive oil, fresh garlic and shrimp. Cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side.
- Add black peppers and Creole seasoning.
- Deglaze with Heretic Brewing Co.'s Evil Cousin Imperial IPA, Worcestershire and lemon juice.
- Reduce by half, and reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted.
- Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top or serve in a smoking hot cast iron pan with French bread for dipping.
- Note: If using a smoking cast iron, undercook the shrimp by 1-2 minutes so that they don’t turn into little rubber balls!