Brooklyn Brew Shop's beer ice cream recipe combines Brooklyn Brewery's Chocolate Maple Porter with tropical coconut milk for a sweet treat to beat the heat.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup regular coconut milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup Chocolate Maple Porter (or any dark, delicious beer)
- To make this delicious porter ice cream, in a medium-sized thick-bottomed pot combine coconut milk, heavy cream, and Porter and cook over low heat just until hot.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about three minutes.
- Using a ladle or a small measuring cup, scoop a few small amounts of the hot liquid into your egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Once you've scooped in enough liquid for the yolks to become warm (about three scoops), gently whisk the mixture back into your saucepan with the remaining coconut milk, cream, and beer.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon in a thin, creamy layer.
- Transfer through a strainer and into a bowl. Refrigerate until cool, and churn in your ice cream maker to preferred consistency. Freeze until hard and enjoy.
- Find more great recipes from Brooklyn Brew Shop at The Mash.