Alaskan Smoked Porter adds depth to these tasty starters which took home first place in the appetizer category at the 2010 Alaskan Brewing Co. Brew Crew and Investor Cook-Off.
- To make these egg rolls, poach halibut in 1 cup of smoked porter until cooked, drain excess liquids, cool.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste. Keep cool.
- Sauté carrots, peppers, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Remove vegetables from heat, add the softened bean threads, cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll each Lumpia wrapper with approx. 1 tbsp filling.
- Seal with egg white and fry in peanut oil (or other oil) until crispy.