- 10 oz white chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp malted milk powder (King Arthur or Briess)
- 2 tbsp pilsner DME (dehydrated malt extract, found at your local homebrew shop)
- 1 tsp salt (flaked)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup crushed meringue cookies
- 8 oz dark chocolate melting chips (for dipping)
- Mix the powders and sift into a dry bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double broiler or microwave safe dish until well melted (careful not to overheat or the chocolate will dry out).
- Mix in the sifted mixture of malted milk, cocoa and DME powders 1 tbsp at a time until smooth.
- Fold in the meringue and salt until well-incorporated.
- Roll out mixture into ½ inch balls and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Let rest in freezer for 10 minutes or so.
- While malted milk balls are resting, melt dark chocolate chips in a double broiler or microwave until smooth.
- Pull out malted milk balls and dip in the melted dark chocolate.
- Lay out on the parchment lined baking sheet to set.
- When finished, rest the malted milk balls in the fridge for at least 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.