- To make this corn and crab chowder, chop green onions and celery stalks.
- Open an In-Heat Wheat by Flying Dog Brewery and consume at your leisure.
- Cook sufficient amount of bacon to have 2 Tbsp of drippings. Mmm. Drippings.
- Set bacon aside. Trust us.
- Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in bacon drippings in a large saucepan.
- Add In-Heat Wheat, chicken stock, corn and all spices.
- Bring to a boil. Then simmer until the corn is cooked. Instead of watching for bubbles in the pot, munch on that bacon you set aside.
- Add crabmeat, and try not to eat too much of it in the process. (It's hard to resist).
- At this point, you'll probably need another beer. Here's why: You're going to make a roux.
- Combine flour and butter with a wire whisk to make a roux.
- Slowly add a bit of roux at a time to hot chowder until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve piping hot to plenty of family and friends (so you can brag about how you not only made a kick-ass soup, but you also made a roux for it).