- To make this spice cake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, allspice baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with Isolation Ale and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the chopped nuts. (optional)
- Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.