- To make these crock-pot short ribs, place onions in a 5-qt. crock-pot; add ribs and bay leaf.
- Combine the American lager, brown sugar, mustard, tomato paste, thyme, bouillon, salt and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer juices to a small saucepan.
- Bring liquid to a boil. Combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.