Bacon Cheddar Ale BurgerBy Jason's BBQ Adventures
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time5 minutes prep, 10 minutes cooking
When FoodBuzz approached Jason Adams to participate in the New Belgium Brewery Tastemakers program, the possibilities were endless and the outcome is near perfection!
- 3 pounds ground beef, formed into eight 6-ounce burger patties
- 1 1/2 pounds apple wood thick cut bacon, diced
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 oz Amber Ale (author used New Belgium Brewing Company's Fat Tire Amber Ale)
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Start of by preparing the burger patties and seasoning with salt and pepper and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high grilling.
- As the grill warms up, add the beer to a sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Cook the diced up bacon in another skillet till perfectly crisp and set aside.
- Once the beer is slightly warm, start adding the cheese a little at a time as it melts.
- Once all the cheese is added and is perfectly melted reduce heat to low as you cook the burgers.
- Grill the burgers about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Serve the burgers topped with bacon and then the cheddar ale sauce.
Jason Adams is the author of the blog Jason's BBQ Adventures. He is a grilling and barbecuing enthusiast that believes if it can be cooked, it can be grilled. Jason' has been blogging for almost 3 years now and he finds that the blog drives him to elevate his skills to take on more creative recipes.