Bacon Cheddar Amber Ale BurgerBy Jason's BBQ Adventures
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time5 minutes
Jason Adams shares his recipe for the perfect burger made with your favorite amber ale, thick cut bacon and of course lots of cheddar cheese!
- 3 pounds ground beef, formed into eight 6-ounce burger patties
- 1 1/2 pounds apple wood thick cut bacon, diced
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 oz amber ale (author used New Belgium Brewing Co.s Fat Tire Amber Ale)
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Start of by preparing the burger patties and seasoning with salt and pepper and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high grilling.
- As the grill warms up, add the amber ale to a sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Cook the diced up bacon in another skillet till perfectly crisp and set aside.
- Once the beer is slightly warm, start adding the cheese a little at a time as it melts.
- Once all the cheese is added and is perfectly melted reduce heat to low as you cook the burgers.
- Grill the burgers about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Serve the burgers topped with bacon and then the cheddar ale sauce.