Curried Halibut Egg Rolls with Smoked PorterBy Nancy Woizeschke
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time15 - 20 minutes
- Yield20 rolls
Alaskan Smoked Porter adds depth to these tasty starters which took home first place in the appetizer category at the 2010 Alaskan Brewing Co. Brew Crew and Investor Cook-Off.
- Egg Rolls 2 oz. bean threads
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup thin sliced carrots
- 1.5 cup chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1.5 lbs halibut
- 1 cup smoked Porter (or other Alaskan beer)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- Lumpia wrappers
- 1 egg white
- Oil for frying
- Chutney 4 apricots, diced small
- 10 cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Serano pepper
- 3 Tbsp red peppers, chopped small
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- ½ cup Mai Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
- To make these egg rolls, poach halibut in 1 cup of smoked porter until cooked, drain excess liquids, cool.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste. Keep cool.
- Sauté carrots, peppers, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Remove vegetables from heat, add the softened bean threads, cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll each Lumpia wrapper with approx. 1 tbsp filling.
- Seal with egg white and fry in peanut oil (or other oil) until crispy.