Curried Halibut Egg Rolls with Smoked PorterBy Nancy Woizeschke
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time15 - 20 minutes + frying time
- YieldApproximately 20 rolls
Alaskan Smoked Porter adds depth to these tasty starters which took home first place in the appetizer category at the 2010 Alaskan Brewing Company Brew Crew and Investor Cook-Off.
- Egg Rolls 2 oz. bean threads
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup thin sliced carrots
- 1.5 cup chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1.5 lbs halibut
- 1 C smoked Porter (or other Alaskan beer)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- Lumpia wrappers
- 1 egg white
- Oil for frying
- Chutney 4 apricots diced small
- 10 cherries chopped
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 serano pepper
- 3 tbsp red peppers chopped small
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ cup Mai Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
- Poach halibut in 1 cup of beer until cooked, drain excess liquids, cool.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste. Keep cool.
- Sauté carrots, peppers, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Remove vegetables from heat, add the softened bean threads, cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll each Lumpia wrapper with approx. 1 tbsp filling.
- Seal with egg white and fry in peanut oil (or other oil) until crispy.
Recipe developed by Shannon West of Alaskan Brewing Co. won first place in the appetizer category at the 2010 Brew Crew and Investor Cook-off.