Mad Elf BaconBy craftbeerchef.com
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time3 hours
Mad Elf bacon combines everyone's favorite, bacon, and a delicious winter seasonal from Troegs Independent brewing and is a great appetizer to share at a dinner party.
- 1 12oz bottle of Tröegs' Mad Elf Ale 1 pound of bacon.
- Soak 1 pound of bacon in 12oz of Tröegs Independent Brewing's Mad Elf for 3 hours.
- Cut into small pieces about 4 inches long.
- Fry bacon just as you normally would.
- But wait, don’t throw away all of the bacon grease. Save some of that and freeze it. Next time you make homemade potato salad, heat up the bacon grease and dribble it over the salad. Will give the salad an awesome cherrywood smoke flavor.