As if Rogue's Chocolate Stout wasn't already irresistible enough, we dare you to read this recipe and not completely fall in love! It's the perfect dessert for your Valentine's Day dinner!
- To make this bananas foster, melt butter and cream in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Next, add brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Raise heat to medium setting. Stir until dissolved, then add bananas and coat with mixture evenly.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate sauté pan, start heating chocolate stout (Note to self: self, drink the rest of the 22 oz bottle) and add vanilla bean.
- Slowly reduce stout by half over medium heat, then strain out bean.
- Add banana liqueur and rum and heat to a slow simmer. Carefully ignite beer and rum mixture.
- Slowly pour mixture over bananas. Continuously baste bananas until they are thoroughly caramelized.
- Spoon bananas and desired sauce mixture over prepared ice cream scoops (1 scoop each of chocolate and vanilla) in a bowl. Garnish with whipped cream and mint sprigs. Serve with a pint of Rogue Chocolate Stout. Enjoy!