Spiced Stout Beer PancakesBy Joseph Fasy
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time10 minutes
Chef Joseph Fasy shares his recipe for spiced stout beer pancakes with hints of cinnamon and orange peel that give these pancakes a little extra spice and depth.
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup stout
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and spices.
- Add all wet ingredients and whisk, a few lumps are ok.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium, and coat with butter pan spray.
- Add batter in 1/4 cups and wait for bubbles to form, flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with some additional orange peel, butter and pure maple syrup.