Spiced Dark Craft Beer PancakesBy Joseph Fasy
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time10 minutes
Chef Joseph Fasy stepped up his celebration of American Craft Beer Week by adding craft beer to some of his favorite recipes. Hints of cinnamon and orange peel give these pancakes a little extra spice and depth.
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- ¼ granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and spices.
- Add all wet ingredients and whisk, a few lumps are ok.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium, and coat with butter pan spray.
- Add batter in ¼ cups and wait for bubbles to form, flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with some additional orange peel, butter and pure maple syrup.
Joseph Fasy, the Fuquay-Varina Cooking Examiner, was raised in an Italian restaurant family. He has 32 years of experience that include the Biltmore, Hotel Sofitel and Le Cirque in New York City. Having owned his own catering company, he brings a certain sensibility to gourmet cuisine. View more of Joseph's articles at Examiner.com.