Brown Ale Stuffed Acorn SquashBy The Leftover Queen
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time20 minutes
- Yield4 - 8
This easy recipe for stuffed acorn squash combines the best of two worlds, fresh fall vegetables and your favorite brown ale.
- 4 small acorn squash
- 1/2 bottle of brown ale
- 3 cups day old bread cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- To make this brown ale stuffed acorn squash, preheat oven to 400°F. Cut squashes in half. Place cut side down in a large glass baking pan.
- Pour in brown ale and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet heat up olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add sage and bread cubes.
- Sauté until bread is browned.
- Add veggie stock and simmer until liquid is gone. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill acorn squash halves with bread mixture. Grate Parmesan over top and stick back in the oven for about 15- 20 minutes. Eat immediately