As if the delicious mix of savory spices, honey and Stout used for this leg of lamb weren't enough, its relatively short prep and cook time make it a must for your next beer-inspired meal.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Open the leg of lamb and season the inside with half the garlic, half the thyme leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, rosemary, pepper, cilantro, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Tie the lamb closed with string. Place it in a roasting pan, season with salt and pepper, and brush it with olive oil.
- In a bowl mix the stout, honey, remaining garlic and thyme, juniper berries, and bay leaves. Pour this over the lamb and put the roasting pan into oven. Throw in sliced onions and baby carrots.
- Immediately turn the oven down to 325°F. Baste every 10 minutes. Cook 12 to 13 minutes per pound for medium rare or until internal temperature reaches 130 - 135°F.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover it loosely with foil and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before carving. Serve with pan drippings.