- While still chilled, grate the Fontina cheese using a box grater and coat it with 4 tbsp of flour. Set it aside to get to room temperature.
- Remove the seeds and inner ribs from the jalapeño and dice it (if you prefer medium to high heat beer cheese dip, leave the ribs and a few (or all seeds).
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and allow the butter to melt before adding the diced jalapeño pepper and the remaining 2 tbsp of flour. Gently stir to form a roux.
- Continue to stir as you slowly add the blonde ale.
- Take the saucepan away from the heat source and begin to slowly add the flour coated shredded Fontina cheese. Work in batches while constantly stirring gently as the cheese melts.
- Taste and season with salt and white pepper.
- Immediately transfer to a serving dish or a fondue pot to keep it warm. Enjoy with tortilla chips or cubes of crusty bread.