This potato salad with a special mustard made with Fort Collins Brewery's Red Banshee (or your favor red ale), makes the perfect side dish for your next summer cookout or picnic.
- 2 cups whole mustard
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 ounces Red Banshee (or your favor red ale)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2.5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, large diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Banshee mustard
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 tsp iodized salt
- Red Banshee Mustard
- Combine all ingredients, including red ale, in a large mixing bowl. To ensure even taste throughout, blend together.
- Refrigerate and store extra mustard for future use.
- Makes approximately three cups.
- 4th of July Potato Salad
- In a large, add water, salt and diced potatoes. Cook until tender. Cool and place aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, cooked bacon, green onion, rice wine vinegar, sugar, celery salt, black pepper and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Once mixed, add potatoes and Red Banshee mustard and mix together.
- Adjust salt and pepper as needed to taste. Place in serving bowl or storage container.