Cooking with craft beer is catching on in a big way, even in the wine world! This recipe for beer-battered green beans comes to us from the owners of Noble Pig Vineyard and Winery in McMinnville, Oregon.
- Beer-Battered Green Beans
- Submerge beans in ice water 10 for minutes. Pat beans dry (this makes them extra-crisp).
- While the beans are chilling, in a large bowl, whisk together the pale ale, flour, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt, let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot heat oil to 375°F or when a drop of batter sizzles immediately and rises to the surface.
- Whisk the batter again, add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Working in batches and using tongs, gently lower the beans into the oil.
- Fry, turning halfway through, until golden, about 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- For the aioli, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, tarragon, mustard and garlic with salt and pepper.