- To make this pecan pie, roll out the pie dough and shape to 8" pan. Poke holes in bottom of crust.
- Place in freezer for 20-25 minutes, or until very firm.
- Line pie shell with parchment paper and fill with rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove weights and bake for another five minutes.
- In a sauce pan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and melt together until smooth.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly and whisk in eggs till smooth.
- Add beer, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour into the pie shell and continue baking at 350F for 30 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Remove and cool when pie is set.
- Serve at room temperature or warm with vanilla ice cream.