Beer Waffles with Cinnamon-Caramel ApplesBy Brown Eyed Baker
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time25 minutes
The Brown Eyed Baker has taken breakfast to the next level with these beer waffles topped with baked cinnamon-caramel apples!
- Cinnamon-Caramel Apples 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 apples (Golden Delicious are suggested), peeled, cored and sliced into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Waffles 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Cinnamon-Caramel Apples
- Sprinkle the sugar over the bottom of a large skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Cook or 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves into an amber-colored caramel syrup, tilting the pan to distribute the sugar evenly, but not stirring.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave.
- Remove the caramelized sugar from the heat, and stir in the warmed milk.
- Return the pan to the heat, and stir in the apples and cinnamon.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the apples begin to soften and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice, and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat the waffle iron to your desired setting.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Quickly whisk the milk, Pilsener and melted butter into the flour mixture, mixing until it is just mixed (the batter will be lumpy).
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is crisp and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spoon some of the cinnamon-caramel apples over each waffle.