The Brown Eyed Baker has taken breakfast to the next level with these beer waffles topped with baked cinnamon-caramel apples!
- Cinnamon-Caramel Apples
- Sprinkle the sugar over the bottom of a large skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Cook or 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves into an amber-colored caramel syrup, tilting the pan to distribute the sugar evenly, but not stirring.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave.
- Remove the caramelized sugar from the heat, and stir in the warmed milk.
- Return the pan to the heat, and stir in the apples and cinnamon.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the apples begin to soften and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice, and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat the waffle iron to your desired setting.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Quickly whisk the milk, Pilsener and melted butter into the flour mixture, mixing until it is just mixed (the batter will be lumpy).
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is crisp and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spoon some of the cinnamon-caramel apples over each waffle.