These tasty Brussels sprouts from A Spicy Perspective will quickly become a favorite go-to. The caramelization of the pale ale creates a perfect glaze for these healthy veggies.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 6 oz. thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 12 oz. bottle pale ale
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Trim the ends of each Brussels sprouts, removing excess leaves. Cut the sprouts in half, leaving the smallest sprouts whole.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and sauté until crisp.
- Add the sliced shallot. Sauté another 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add the Brussels sprouts. Stir and sear the sides of the sprouts for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the bottle of pale ale into the skillet. Add the salt an both peppers. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat a little. Stir and simmer until the beer has reduced to a glaze and the sprouts are cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
- See Sommer's full post at A Spicy Perspective.