- 4 cups of button mushrooms, washed
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of beer
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the the butter in a skillet.
- Add the washed mushrooms to the skillet and toss them around to coat.
- Pour in the brown ale, and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat.
- Add the fresh herbs, and sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Poach the mushrooms for approx. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.