Made with Sebago Brewing Co.’s Local Harvest pale ale, this cheddar pale ale soup blends veggies and harvest-inspired spices to satisfy and warm the soul.
- To make this cheddar pale ale soup, melt butter over medium heat in a 4-quart pot.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Add paprika, cayenne, sage, chives, cinnamon and coriander. Cook 1 minute.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly. Cook 4 minutes.
- Whisk in pale ale, half & half and water/stock. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Remove from heat. Purée on low speed until smooth.
- Add cider vinegar and Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper to taste.