Delicious golden brown crawfish and roasted corn fritters made with your favorite witbier, perfect for that summer meal. The crawfish is interchangeable for crab, conch, or for a vegetarian fritter, Serrano peppers.
- Thoroughly wash crawfish tails in cold water to remove all residue.
- Rough chop the tails set aside.
- On a hot grill char corn ears (leave the husks for better flavor) until husks are completely charred. Remove, set to cool, then cut all the ears along side the corn , making sure not to cut into the cobb. Place in mixing bowl.
- Brunoise (dice very small and even) Vidalia onion, red pepper, green pepper, habanero pepper. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Mince the cilantro, add to bowl along with crawfish tails. Season with salt and pepper, and Old Bay. Set in a perforated pan and allow to drain excess juices for 15 to 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, eggs, witbier, onion powder, garlic powder and whip with a whisk, until the consistency of pancake batter.
- Slowly add the drained crawfish mix to the batter, folding with hands to ensure an even mixture. Set aside.
- In a fryer set to 350°F, slowly scoop batter with a large spoon and drop into hot oil, make sure that once you add to hot oil you rotate the crawfish fritter to allow for even coloration.
- Fry for 5 mins or until thoroughly golden brown. Remove from oil, set on top of paper towel to dry off excess oil.
- Serve with aioli. Enjoy!!!!