- 1 bottle blonde ale
- 3 russet potatoes (~3/4lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper
- To make these baked french fries, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub and cut potatoes with skin on.
- Cut the potato in half, lengthwise.
- Depending on how thick you want the fries, make 2 - 3 lengthwise cuts.
- Turn the half flat side down, so the cut pieces are stacked parallel with your cutting board.
- Cut 3 - 4 lengthwise cuts, perpendicular to the previous cuts.
- Repeat with the other half
- In a large bowl, soak the cut fries, in 1 bottle of blonde ale.
- Let soak for 15 minutes, tossing 1 - 2 times.
- Drain beer and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, until well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment (optional, but nice for quick clean up!) and spread the fries, in a single layer on the pan. Use two pans, if needed. You don’t want them stacked.
- Bake for 40 minutes – 1 hour depending on how crispy you like them, tossing 3-4 times.
- Add more salt and pepper to your liking.