- 2 cups Café Du Monde beignet mix
- 1 cup Paw Paw’s Peach Wheat
- Powdered sugar
- Peach slices
- In a bowl, combine two cups of beignet mix with one cup of Back Forty Beer Co.'s Paw Paw’s Peach Wheat. Mix the ingredients with a spoon until the beignet mix is thoroughly mixed with the beer. You may have to add a little more or a little less beer to achieve the desirable beignet mix dough.
- The dough should be relatively soft, like drop biscuit dough. It should not be stiff like pie dough. You will have tough beignets if you over mix the dough.
- Scoop the mix from the bowl onto a well-floured surface. You will need additional flour to roll the dough flat.
- Roll the beignet dough flat and cut into two-inch squares using a pizza cutter. When cutting, you will have scraps of dough left over. Do not try to remix these scraps and cut them into squares. Just fry the pieces just the way they are.
- Your cooking oil should be at 370°F. You may use any vegetable oil.
- Remember that the temperature of the oil will drop when you add the beignet dough to the oil. Do not add too many pieces to the oil or the temperature will drop and your beignets will not puff up. The only other reason the dough does not puff up would be if you rolled the beignet dough too flat. Try rolling the dough a little thicker.
- Fry to a nice golden brown and serve covered with slice peaches and powdered sugar.