These delicious homemade donuts are made with your favorite amber ale (or try an IPA for extra bite). Top them off with some cinnamon sugar, and breakfast is served!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (fresh ground is best
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces amber ale (IPA adds a nice bite)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter, cooled
- To make these donuts, preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter and let cool. Sift all dry ingredients together into large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter and amber ale until well-blended. Grease the donut pan with a generous amount of butter (can also use mini bundt pan).
- Pour the liquid blend into the dry ingredients all at once, and mix just until blended (do not over mix). Fill each form half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven in the middle rack for 8-9 minutes for mini donuts, 9-12 minutes for regular size. The donuts should not be browned on top.
- Remove pan from oven, let cool for a minute, remove from pan and roll in powdered sugar.
- Learn more about Cooking with Chef Michelle or find her on Facebook.