- 40oz boneless pork shoulder, diced
- 20oz pork back fat or unsmoked bacon or pancetta
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp fennel seed
- 2 Tbsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chipotle puree
- 1 cup very cold Heretic Torment Dark Belgian-Style Ale
- To make this breakfast sausage, be sure to chill all of your ingredients as well as your equipment before beginning. This may seems like a hassle but it will be well worth the time and effort.
- All of this can be done with the kitchenaid stand mixer. Grinder attachments can be purchased for about $30.
- Combine all the ingredients except the beer and toss to distribute the seasonings. Chill until ready to grind.
- Grind the mixture through the small die into a bowl set in ice.
- Add the COLD Torment Dark Belgian-Style Ale to the meat mixture and mix with the paddle attachment until the beer is well incorporated and the mixture has developed a uniform, sticky appearance, about one minute on medium speed.
- Cook a small piece of the sausage and adjust the seasoning to your particular taste.
- Shape into patties or roll into a log, wrap in plastic and freeze, slice into patties and cook to an internal temperature of 150°F.