Who doesn't love a cupcake? More importantly, a porter cupcake made with your favorite porter (or coffee porter), making them perfectly moist and dense.
- 1 cup porter or coffee porter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- To make these porter cupcakes, preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake cups with the prettiest liners possible!
- Bring 1 cup porter and 1 cup butter to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in large bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in another large bowl to blend.
- Add stout-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat just to combine.
- Add flour mixture and beat briefly on slow speed. Using rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared liners. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- The cake is dense and needs a bit more time than your traditional cake mix.
- Ice with your favorite icing. Here are just a few icings that pair really nicely: peanut butter, salted caramel, cream cheese, chocolate ganache or chocolate mint.