Dipping Sauce12 ounces pale ale
Dumplings3 1⁄2 ounces shiitake mushrooms
Steaming Liquid36 ounces Pilsener or amber lager
- In small saucepan, make dipping sauce by bringing pale ale, ginger, and garlic to a boil and reducing liquid by half, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce, and bring to a slow boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place in food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, along with Serrano or jalapeño.
- Pulse on high until minced.
- Stir pepper mixture in a bowl with remaining dumpling ingredients (except wontons) and refrigerate.
- Note: Turkey mixture may be frozen for later use or formed into patties for turkey burgers using pale ale dipping sauce as a glaze.